Humby Organics - 3oz. Mango Breeze Shampoo Bar
$ 14.95 USD
Mango Breeze is nostalgic. It is the epitome of what summer smells like-the warm breezy days, sweet fruit, and suntan lotion. It is a rich blend of citrus oils and vanilla coconut..sweet, clean, and "beachy"!
Staff Pick - Megan
"Humby Organics Zero Waste Mango Breeze Shampoo Bars have converted me from traditional shampoos, I use it with the Mango Breeze Conditioning Bar! These bars are loaded with nourishing all natural ingredients and leave my hair feeling clean, soft and with a subtle fruity scent. They come packaged in a compostable wrapper made from plant fiber and the label is actually made from sugar cane. And the orange color of the bars? It's totally natural too, made from a combination of yellow clay and apricot seed powder. The scent is a yummy blend of orange, mango, pineapple, vanilla and coconut essential oils. The bars last much longer than you would think, saving me money and I love all the plastic I'm saving from the landfill. Not only are these bars are a super easy eco-swap, they work great! "
Humby Organics Shampoo Bars are:
- Earth Friendly
- SLS Free
- Palm Oil-Free
- Responsibly Sourced Ingredients
- pH balanced
- Handmade in the USA
Sodium coco sulfate, lemon juice, powdered lemon peel, cocoa butter, coconut oil, essential oils (orange, mango, pineapple, vanilla, coconut), apricot seed oil, hemp seed oil, red raspberry seed oil, pro vitamin b complex
*may contain traces of nuts or oxides for coloring
Why do we use sulfates?
- We use Sodium Coco Sulfate because this is a mild cleanser and is what makes the bars lather. These sulfates are made from the fatty acid of coconuts, not petroleum like SLS's.
- People often confuse the two because the process to produce both sulfates is the same. SCS has been deemed a safe ingredient by many environmental, cosmetic, and health watchdog groups.
- The molecules in SCS are large and cannot penetrate through the skin barrier, while SLS molecules are small and can get into your bloodstream. Once the lather is rinsed from your hair, the SCS goes right down the drain.
- And that's what makes SCS drain-safe!
Without the sulfates...
- Sulfate-free shampoo bars are like regular soap labeled as shampoo, or a block of oil without the cleanser.
- These bars often leave hair being “gummy” or having a “build up” that causes dullness, leaving the hair looking and feeling “lifeless”.
- These types of bars need a frequent apple cider vinegar rinse or the oils from the bars stay in the hair and on the scalp.
- This is bad because too much oil can cause damage to the hair follicles and cause hair loss in some people.
- And too much apple cider vinegar can cause overall damage to hair and is very drying on the scalp!