Club Lemon Shampoo Bar by Humby Organics
- Smells like Grandma-ma’s lemonade (see below!)
- Promotes scalp health for growth and thickness
- Leaves a texturized and natural bounce
- Creates a glowy shine for non stop admiration
- … did we mention the smell?
Here's a little story about Grandma-ma's lemonade...
Everyone loves grandma-ma’s lemonade. Kids are running and screaming in the distance. The sun feels like lava. Sweat pourin’ off ya brow. Yeah, yeah you’re thirsty. But wait a second - if you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of a spoon stirring ice blocks in a glass jar. Cling, Clang. Grandma-ma’s lemonade is sweet and refreshing. It tastes like hug of comfort and love. The last drop is a satisfying gulp of joy…temporary brain-freeze… ok it’s gone. Now, ya recharged and ready to go back and play with them kids. Show them who’s boss.
For a second... imagine that nostalgic smell of grandma-ma’s lemonade in a natural and zero waste shampoo bar… that’s Club Lemon.
The lemon is wholesome and fresh because it’s made from real lemons. You know, the ones that grow on trees. No labs or chemicals around these parts.
The citrus peel contains 10 times the recommended dose of vitamin c which adds vitality and shine to your hair follicles.
Humby Organics Shampoo Bars are:
- Earth Friendly
- SLS Free
- Palm Oil-Free
- Responsibly Sourced Ingredients
- pH balanced
- Handmade in the USA
Sodium coco sulfate, lemon juice, powdered lemon peel, cocoa butter, coconut oil, essential oils (lemon, orange), apricot seed oil, hemp seed oil, red raspberry seed oil, pro vitamin b complex
*may contain traces of nuts or oxides for coloring
Why do we use sulfates?
- We use Sodium Coco Sulfate because this is a mild cleanser and is what makes the bars lather. These sulfates are made from the fatty acid of coconuts, not petroleum like SLS's.
- People often confuse the two because the process to produce both sulfates is the same. SCS has been deemed a safe ingredient by many environmental, cosmetic, and health watchdog groups.
- The molecules in SCS are large and cannot penetrate through the skin barrier, while SLS molecules are small and can get into your bloodstream. Once the lather is rinsed from your hair, the SCS goes right down the drain.
- And that's what makes SCS drain-safe!
Without the sulfates...
- Sulfate-free shampoo bars are like regular soap labeled as shampoo, or a block of oil without the cleanser.
- These bars often leave hair being “gummy” or having a “build up” that causes dullness, leaving the hair looking and feeling “lifeless”.
- These types of bars need a frequent apple cider vinegar rinse or the oils from the bars stay in the hair and on the scalp.
- This is bad because too much oil can cause damage to the hair follicles and cause hair loss in some people.
And too much apple cider vinegar can cause overall damage to hair and is very drying on the scalp!